Nursery Sales Help
Old Country Gardens is a family run retail nursery in North Wilmington, DE that specializes in customer service and high quality, open year-round. We carry a wide variety of landscape, container, annual, and house plants, garden ornaments and all the supplies to support our customers’ gardening needs. This position’s responsibilities include:
- Assisting customers with plant selection.
- Caring for nursery stock.
- Keeping displays and signage neat and accurate.
- Maintaining a clean and safe sales area.
- Assisting with keeping track of inventory.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of plant names, characteristics, and requirements.
- Knowledge of garden pests a plus.
- Sales experience helpful.
- Landscape design knowledge a plus.
- Self-motivated and quick learner.
- Outgoing personality to make customers feel welcomed.
- Works well with others.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, these are physically demanding jobs.
- Tolerant of weather conditions – these are outdoor positions.
Salary and Benefits
- Full, part time and seasonal positions available.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Full time position includes PTO after first year of employment.
- Flexible hours – weather and season determines scheduling.
This is a great opportunity to learn a lot! We have a knowledgeable and friendly staff available to teach and learn from each other. We are looking to add more plant enthusiasts to our staff! Have a passion for plants, gardens, landscaping, or the environment? We look forward to talking to you.
Contact us via email at OCG19803@comcast.net or stop in the shop and fill out an application.